$500 to $1.6 Billion

I got the following result using one of the EA's on this site by adjusting some of the parameters and adding increasing lots as the equity increased. Is this possible or is this just a flaw with stradegy tester?

Forward test it on a demo account and see.

PS: I see $16million, not billion, in the result above.

this has been demonstrated so many times....

are not demo's just great? they can always be tweeked to produce whatever wanted - reminds me of a politician's interpretations on statistics and how they too, produce whatever wanted...

ah well, why not just foreward test on LIVE a/c and then post your final a/c statement ?

Best of luck...

phy:

phy
wrote:

1.6 Billion shows up in the report and not on the graph for some reason. It gives somewhat similar results on alot of the pairs. Here is the EA .

Files:

mqldelta:
phy:

phy
wrote:

1.6 Billion shows up in the report and not on the graph for some reason. It gives somewhat similar results on alot of the pairs. Here is the EA .

This EA really looks interesting. I didn't dive into it yet, but pls notice the Strategy Tester in MT does not include spread, so when using TP of 4, the spread can take almost all the profit.

Another issue with this EA - you refer to the iMA indicator with PRICE_CLOSE and shift 0. Note that, in real time, you can know the PRICE_CLOSE of shift 0 only when the current bar is closed, unlike in the tester. Try to switch the shift to 1, and see what happens...

" Is this possible ?"

phy:

" Is this possible ?"

I ran the EA within my tester- with the spread accounted for. The results were terrible over a period of a year- on all timeframes.

memilavi:
Another issue with this EA - you refer to the iMA indicator with PRICE_CLOSE and shift 0. Note that, in real time, you can know the PRICE_CLOSE of shift 0 only when the current bar is closed, unlike in the tester. Try to switch the shift to 1, and see what happens...

Thanks for the input. When I used shift of 1 it gives bad result but only on the ShortEma, it doesn't affect the LongEma. Also using PRICE_OPEN with shift of 0 gives same good results.

Embstj:
phy:

" Is this possible ?"

I ran the EA within my tester- with the spread accounted for. The results were terrible over a period of a year- on all timeframes.

I tried using a larger tp setting to account for the spread and it gave same large run up on the 5 min time scale from 99' to present. For some reason it doesn't work as well on other time scale i don't know why really. Maybe someone can explain?

mqldelta:

I got the following result using one of the EA's on this site by adjusting some of the parameters and adding increasing lots as the equity increased. Is this possible or is this just a flaw with stradegy tester?

Pls tell us the time period (date) of your testing and the EA in its original format

Reason: