Trailing Stop Loss

Hi,

I am testing an expert advisor with a Trailing stop loss of 5 pips. It works fine on my Alpari account but on Interbank Fx trader it does not work ie the trailing stop loss does not trigger. Could someone please advise.

A TS of 5 is fairly tight...

IIRC - some brokers have a <cant put stop closer to price than n pips>?

Try with 8 pips & see if it works and let us know

TIA

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

A TS of 5 is fairly tight...

IIRC - some brokers have a <cant put stop closer to price than n pips>?

Try with 8 pips & see if it works and let us know

TIA

-BB-

My trailing stop loss of 5 pips through my expert advisor works fine when I set the expert advisor on long trades only on my alpari account. However when I set the EA to short trades only the TSL of 5 pips does not trigger. Can a broker have different limits for minimum TSL for long trades and different for short trades.

> Can a broker have different limits for minimum TSL for long trades and different for short trades.

No

The problem as now stated implies a Bid/Ask issue in the code - in that the the spread is 'using up' some of your trailing stop margin?

Try it with 8 or post the lines that set the TS

-BB-

ashok1956:

Hi,

I am testing an expert advisor with a Trailing stop loss of 5 pips. It works fine on my Alpari account but on Interbank Fx trader it does not work ie the trailing stop loss does not trigger. Could someone please advise.

Hi Ashok - I'm looking for a similar expert advisor. Could you please publish your code here? Thanks!

ashok1956:

Hi,

Hi,

Use "MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)" to get minimum distance in pips for stop loss/take profit orders.

This is very useful Function! Thank You very much! Thank You!

Reason: