Question: Strategy Tester Shows 10x Profit On Demo Account?

Hi there,

I downloaded MT4 and created a DEMO account. Then I downloaded an EA for MT4 an tested it with some combinations on the strategy tester. Then I signed up for a LIVE account. And now the strange thing: When I try some strategies (with same values/settings as in my DEMO account) I get TEN TIMES more money on my strategy tester in my DEMO account?

Example:

STRATEGY TESTER DEMO ACCOUNT
started with 3,000, every trade brings between $60 and $80 on profit

STRATEGY TESTER LIVE ACCOUNT
started with 3,000, every trade brings between $6 and $8 on profit

Is somebody able to explain this to me? Does my EA include some if-demo-account-then-(profit=profit x 10) to sound better?

Thanks in advance,

J.

sorry, can't upload pics here very well, that's why i split it.

... the only difference between the two strategy tests is, that the symbol changes from "EURUSD" in DEMO MODE to "EURUSDm" in LIVE MODE. What is the difference here?

Full size Lots vs. mini size Lots -- is what it looks like to me.

Hope this helps.

Kaboo wrote >>

Full size Lots vs. mini size Lots -- is what it looks like to me.

Also check leverage settings of the two accounts - suspect they are different

-BB-

forex_jay wrote >>
Hi there,
I downloaded MT4 and created a DEMO account. Then I downloaded an EA for MT4 an tested it with some combinations on the strategy tester. Then I signed up for a LIVE account. And now the strange thing: When I try some strategies (with same values/settings as in my DEMO account) I get TEN TIMES more money on my strategy tester in my DEMO account?
Example:
STRATEGY TESTER DEMO ACCOUNT
started with 3,000, every trade brings between $60 and $80 on profit
STRATEGY TESTER LIVE ACCOUNT
started with 3,000, every trade brings between $6 and $8 on profit
Is somebody able to explain this to me? Does my EA include some if-demo-account-then-(profit=profit x 10) to sound better?
Thanks in advance,
J.

Multiply the lot size by 10 on live account (it's mini on live and standard on demo).

Good luck!

Reason: