Expert on offline chart - page 2

I suspect You download file from browser (or proxy) cache. To avoid cache using, type in the browser address line https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download (parameter after question sign may be any sequence), press enter and store file with ".exe" extension

stringo:
I suspect You download file from browser (or proxy) cache. To avoid cache using, type in the browser address line https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download (parameter after question sign may be any sequence), press enter and store file with ".exe" extension

thank you for fixing this, let me get back to you with feedback after testing it a little more

MrH:
stringo:

thank you for fixing this, let me get back to you with feedback after testing it a little more

Ok this is still not working properly: from the moment that my EA sends its first order, the chart stops updating. The EA and the renko script both work perfectly individually, but not together, and my goal was to use the EA on the renko chart. My programming skills are not sufficient to solve this so if you can give me an email address I could email you the script and the EA so you can really fix this.

1. Remove infinite loop from your EA.

2. PostMessage with last parameter 1 instead of 0

stringo:

Removing of the infinite loop from EA worries me. On regular charts EAs with infinitive loop work correctly. For some applications there must be an infinite loop anyway (how can you discover server disconects without them?). Therefore it is still something which is not right with off-line charts and makes them rather useless.

Michal:
stringo:

Removing of the infinite loop from EA worries me. On regular charts EAs with infinitive loop work correctly. For some applications there must be an infinite loop anyway (how can you discover server disconects without them?). Therefore it is still something which is not right with off-line charts and makes them rather useless.

I've jsut tested the newest version of MT4 with Renko bars with off-line EA which tests openeing and closing trades and everything is OK. Even the infinite loop is not a problem. When this version of terminal will be distributed among brokers?

This change will be introduced in the next build. Next build will be after severe changes

stringo wrote >>
This change will be introduced in the next build. Next build will be after severe changes

I have a similar problem but different .

I have 3rd Party Historical Data that i am using on an Offline Chart ( 1M ) which is being refreshed every 10 ms and i have an Active Chart ( 5M) . I have the Same EA on both Offline and Active Charts but the EA on the Offline charts do not seem to open trades according while the EA on the Active charts do open trades. Is there anything i am doing wrong. Is it possible to run or trade using an EA from an Offline Chart. Is there something i am doing wrong

Please Help i need help really quickly

thanks

Michal wrote >>
This is the case, period is 10, it is NON-STANDARD!. Please forget about Renko bars, concentrate on period_converter bars. The problem is universal for both (or even more pffline charts I have, like baskets, time shifted, etc).

Is there a way to backtest Renko chart with 99% quality tick data (a script to generate Renko from .csv directly to .fxt files for history backtesting)? Anyone can backtest with 99% quality tick data with Renko or Constant Range Bars?

Any update?

There is this offline tick chart

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2067543#post2067543

How to make an EA trade on it?

Reason: