MT4 Exports to Excel Spreadsheet - HELP PLEASE!

Hello,

When I put the following, "=MT4|BID!USDCHF" into an excel cell the USDCHF BID is exported successfully to excel.

Is there a formula (or any other way) for the 60 period simple moving average to be exported to an excel spreadsheet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

You cannot export moving average values via DDE. There are 2 ways:

1. Write your own DDE server

2. Export data via csv-file

Thanks again Stringo!

Can you point me to a reference/manual etc. to learn how to write my own DDE server?

Really appreciate your help.

Paul

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms997522.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms997519.aspx

There is 3-rd way - write formula of 60-periods simple moving average in your excel spreadsheet

Thanks Stringo,

Can I export the last 60 closing bid prices to excel so my spreadsheet updates automatically?

Paul

Thanks Stringo,

Can I export the last 60 closing bid prices (FROM GBPJPY HOURLY CHART) to excel so my spreadsheet updates automatically?

Paul

No. MT4 DDE-server does not export past data

Hi all

i developed dll can transfer any type of data to excel, you can transfer quotes,orders,account information,indicators,etc ...,anything you want to move from mt4 to excel in real time mode,by the way i don't use DDE, i use more high performance method,so if there is anyone interest let me know

Yosri Amarneh

yosrixp:

Hi all

i developed dll can transfer any type of data to excel, you can transfer quotes,orders,account information,indicators,etc ...,anything you want to move from mt4 to excel in real time mode,by the way i don't use DDE, i use more high performance method,so if there is anyone interest let me know

Yosri Amarneh

i would be very interested in this, please share this

yosrixp:

Hi all

Yosri Amarneh

I'd love this tool! Please share!

stringo:

You cannot export moving average values via DDE. There are 2 ways:

1. Write your own DDE server

2. Export data via csv-file

This is my first time trying to submit a comment. Not sure how to do so everyone can see it.

I am looking for advice/technique/programming which shows me how to transfer data from a cell in a spreadsheet (Excel or Oppen Office) into an Expert running on MT4. Any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks

Reason: