Programming Faux Pas

I'm about to commit what I assume to be a huge programming faux pas. Can someone out there direct me to a more layman's explanation of exactly what each function, operator, etc means? I am doing my best to learn on my own, but it's like reading in another language to me. Can someone show me a site that "dumbs things down" a little?

thanks, and I apologize if I offended anyone with my ignorance.

A good start is to click "Documentation" at the top left of this page.

phy:

A good start is to click "Documentation" at the top left of this page.

I'll second that - I just read all the items in each Documentation section!

And then read them through again!!

Began to hang together after the third time :)

After that, read through the example EA's that come with MT4

Good Luck

-BB-

golden188:
I'm about to commit what I assume to be a huge programming faux pas. Can someone out there direct me to a more layman's explanation of exactly what each function, operator, etc means? I am doing my best to learn on my own, but it's like reading in another language to me. Can someone show me a site that "dumbs things down" a little?

thanks, and I apologize if I offended anyone with my ignorance.

golden188 :

After all the above recommendations this will be a good example to understand:

'Expert Advisor Sample'

You can find it in the article section.

Hope this helps

Hazem.

I have read many of these things over and over. Unfortunately, some of the most basic programming language is foreign to me. For example, I don't understand what cnt means. There are a lot of simple expressions that do not make very much sense to me. I have read the MLQII User Guide which sets forth many of the expressions. Is there another resource available? I hate to be bothering people with these inane questions, but I am very interested in pursuing this process. All I need is a bit of guidance.

thanks.

Post where "cnt" makes no sense to you, and I will explain what it means in that context.

Reason: