"OLD TICK" error message on JOURNAL

Actually what is "OLD TICK" error message means ?

I run same EA on 6 charts and yes this is an active EA which close and open very often.
But everytime an OLD TICK error message occur in the JOURNAL for one chart than it will followed by another "OLD TICK" error message for other chart.
And than the EA stop working. And it will working again when :

1. I have to remove all the EA from the chart and attach it again one by one. Turn off and turn on again the "Enable EA" button will not solve the problem.
2. Or day move to next day at 00.00

I already try to use OrderSendReliable and OrderCloseReliable but the problem still occurs.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

BTW, my broker is Liteforex.org and my EA is martingale base EA.

Thank you before.

Aldhy SP

Use search engine - https://www.mql4.com/search/OLD%20TICK
and one of results will be the old tick topic

Rosh:
Use search engine - https://www.mql4.com/search/OLD%20TICK
and one of results will be the old tick topic
Thank you Rost. i already read that thread before i post. My next question will be how can I prevent it?

Thank you

Aldhy SP

sindutzz:
Thank you Rost. i already read that thread before i post. My next question will be how can I prevent it?

Why ?

I mean, everytime those error messages show up, my EA stop working until I remove all ea from the charts and attach it again one by one.

How to prevent this error occur again?

And sorry for my bad english

Aldhy

sindutzz:
I mean, everytime those error messages show up, my EA stop working until I remove all ea from the charts and attach it again one by one.

No, it's wrong. EAs don't stop operation when an "OLD TICK" comes.

"OLD TICKs" are filtered out and logged in just for information.

Rosh wrote >>

No, it's wrong. EAs don't stop operation when an "OLD TICK" comes.

"OLD TICKs" are filtered out and logged in just for information.

Hello,

I have the same problem. When this error occured, my EA doesn't work, althogh after that error my EA continues to work fine.

Is there somthing I can do, so my EA will still work while this error occured? Is there some "Error Code" for that error?

shay.farber:

Hello,

I have the same problem. When this error occured, my EA doesn't work, althogh after that error my EA continues to work fine.

Is there somthing I can do, so my EA will still work while this error occured? Is there some "Error Code" for that error?

I resolved this error in my EA by forcing the desired action again and again until it is done. For example:

instead of just closing an order like this:

Ans=OrderClose(ticket,Lot,Ask,2);// Close order

I used a while cycle like this:

Ans=false;
while (Ans==false)
{
RefreshRates();
Ans=OrderClose(ticket,Lot,Ask,2);// Close order

}

This way if an "Old tick" error occur when closing an order EA will atempt to close the order again and again until it will close.

The drawback is that this trick cannot be used in backtesting, otherwise Your EA may end up in an infinity loop while analyzing history charts. It sometimes is so that EA is unable to close orders whie backtesting.

Similarly for opening orders You use a while cycle like this:

ticket=-1;
while (ticket<0)
{
RefreshRates();
ticket= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, New_Lots, Ask, 5, Ask-DefSL*Point, Ask+DefTP*Point, koments, 0, 0, DeepPink);
}

In this case EA will keep on attempts to open a position until it succeeds.

delete all history directory *.hst

could brokers throw an 'old tick' at you just to disrupt your trading?

eliteeservices:
could brokers throw an 'old tick' at you just to disrupt your trading?
But it doesn't disrupt your trading...
Reason: