Error in EA program

I am new to this Forum, and would like to know if someone could help me with a error that I get in my script codes. here is the erro '('-function defintion unexpected This error shows up in the script at two location

int TotalOpenOrder() ane int SelectTheOrder()

Thanks for any help

whammo

You don't have matched pairs of {} in your code, is the most likely answer.

whammo:

I am new to this Forum, and would like to know if someone could help me with a error that I get in my script codes. here is the erro '('-function defintion unexpected This error shows up in the script at two location

Thanks for any help

whammo

whammo:

i am new to this form too but i belive the error you have is because you defined these functions "int TotalOpenOrder() ane int SelectTheOrder()" inside another function, ie:

int start()

{

int TotalOpenOrder()

{

}

}

this code will cause the same error as the one you have. the functions must be in the main body of the program and outside other functions.

hope that helps.

Hazem Lotfy

Thanks, that fixed that error, But I get the following error now at the very end of the EA script.

'\end_of_program'-unbalanced left parenthesis

Thanks for all your help

Whammo

hmmlotfy:
whammo:

Thanks for any help

whammo

whammo:

i am new to this form too but i belive the error you have is because you defined these functions "int TotalOpenOrder() ane int SelectTheOrder()" inside another function, ie:

int start()

{

int TotalOpenOrder()

{

}

}

this code will cause the same error as the one you have. the functions must be in the main body of the program and outside other functions.

hope that helps.

Hazem Lotfy

whammo:

Thanks, that fixed that error, But I get the following error now at the very end of the EA script.

'\end_of_program'-unbalanced left parenthesis

Thanks for all your help

Whammo

whammo :

You are most wellcome. In this situation I believe Mr. phy is right when he said:

"You don't have matched pairs of {} in your code, is the most likely answer."

You might want to check and count the '{}' in your code.

Hazem.

Reason: