No properties dialog box on EA

Hi

I'm new to MQL4 and am hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having.

I've written an EA and once it has been setup and is running I caanot bring up the properties dialog box to change settings. I was under the impression you could right click select Expert Advisor and click on Properties to bring up this dialog box. Even F7 is suppose to do the same thing.

Is there something else i need to add in the code to be able to do this?

Thanks

If you have loop in the program which is not finished/ended, you need to disable expert advisors from the button on the menu and then thange the time/chart to other (ex:M30/H1), it will be disabled and available for properties.

edddim:
If you have loop in the program which is not finished/ended, you need to disable expert advisors from the button on the menu and then thange the time/chart to other (ex:M30/H1), it will be disabled and available for properties.

Hmmm

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have a sleep in the code to save processor time and this sleep is probably whats causing an issue.

I wonder whether anyone out there knows how much processor time is used if an Ea does not have a sleep and it just goes through all iterations continuosly.

Might start a thread on that. Thanks...

Nice idea, this can be the thread, that's the point and diference (but not so much in home computing where we can change the things with our intervention - not dependable on memorymanagers and precise alocations) with RTOS multitasking. It depends on what type of os is used. Generaly program start and end can be calculated in non RTOS ( ~ rounded > 64/100 ) in miliseconds but can not be alocated cpu ocupancy in traeds and get smoothly ride of program or even alocate priority when more are started. LONG Theme.

If you have an endless loop with no sleep, expect something around 100% cpu

Sleep() gives control back to MT4 or the OS. That is a Good Thing.

Reason: