MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
Buy Expert Advisors in MetaTrader Market and Let Them Trade For You

Custom indicator testing

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
nguye235 2013.09.23 22:29

What is the most efficient way to test a custom indicator? The only way i know is to attach it to active charts and waiting for it to work. Any suggestion would be great.

Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices

Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices

The main drawback of traditional methods for displaying price information using bars and Japanese candlesticks is that they are bound to the time period. It was perhaps optimal at the time when these methods were created but today when the market movements are sometimes too rapid, prices displayed in a chart in this way do not contribute to a prompt response to the new movement. The proposed price chart display method does not have this drawback and provides a quite familiar layout.

ubzen 2013.09.24 04:16 #

You can try the strategy tester here.
KalebC 2013.09.24 07:53 #

ubzen:
You can try the strategy tester here.

You can test an indicator in that? It is my understanding that you can only test EAs in the strategy tester.

In that case, you have to rewrite the indicator as an EA and recompile, which isn't always easy.

RaptorUK 2013.09.24 09:08 #

KalebC:

You can test an indicator in that? It is my understanding that you can only test EAs in the strategy tester.

In that case, you have to rewrite the indicator as an EA and recompile, which isn't always easy.

You can run any EA in the Strategy Tester and add your Indicator to the chart or o the tester.tpl . . . a word of caution though, the Strategy Tester is for testing EAs so some things do not work correctly for some Indicators.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register