MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en

volume

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
WhooDoo22 2013.02.10 21:58

Hello MQL4 community,

Is 'Volume' a representation of buyers/sellers trade amount size?

Example: lets say lots of buyers and sellers decide to place trades in the market within bar one on a one hour time frame on EURUSD. Bar one is now closed. Now, only a few buyers and sellers decide to place trades in the market within bar zero on a one hour time frame on EURUSD. Bar zero is now closed.

Will volume be larger for bar one than bar zero?

Is volume larger for bar one than bar zero because lots of buyers/sellers placed trades within bar one and few buyers/sellers placed trades within bar zero?

Thank you

Expert Advisor for Trading in the Channel

Expert Advisor for Trading in the Channel

The Expert Advisor plots the channel lines. The upper and lower channel lines act as support and resistance levels. The Expert Advisor marks datum points, provides sound notification every time the price reaches or crosses the channel lines and draws the relevant marks. Upon fractal formation, the corresponding arrows appear on the last bars. Line breakouts may suggest the possibility of a growing trend. The Expert Advisor is extensively commented throughout.

RaptorUK 2013.02.10 22:06 #

WhooDoo22:

Hello MQL4 community,

Is 'Volume' a representation of buyers/sellers trade amount size?

No,  "Volume"  is actually Tick count.  There is no real Volume with MT4.
WhooDoo22 2013.02.10 22:54 #

Simon,

Wouldn't a large tick count be considered the same as large volume and is there a way to determine real volume in ME4 aside from Volume?

Also, I sent you a PM recently. Have you read it yet?

Thank you

codersguru 2013.02.11 00:05 #

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

Wouldn't a large tick count be considered the same as large volume and is there a way to determine real volume in ME4 aside from Volume?

Also, I sent you a PM recently. Have you read it yet?

Thank you

I think yes. Although it's not a real volume but it indicates the strength of the price movement.

WhooDoo22 2013.02.11 00:11 #

codersguru:

I think yes. Although it's not a real volume but it indicates the strength of the price movement.

Much thanks for your response codersguru!

RaptorUK 2013.02.11 00:57 #

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

It might,  how would you know ? a tick is not just a change in bid,  it can also be a change in Ask (change of spread)  does this signify real Volume ?  I also read a tick can be a change in other MarketInfo type values, does this also signify real Volume ?

WhooDoo22 2013.02.11 01:10 #

RaptorUK:
It might,  how would you know ? a tick is not just a change in bid,  it can also be a change in Ask (change of spread)  does this signify real Volume ?  I also read a tick can be a change in other MarketInfo type values, does this also signify real Volume ?

Generally speaking, I assumed more ticks indicated larger volume per bar. When dealing with ticks however I suppose a provision of accurate calculations are required for a display of accurate results.

Also, I sent you a PM. Have you read it yet?

Thank you

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register