MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
Buy Latest Technical Indicators in MetaTrader Market

Error message from strategy tester

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
7325453863 2013.02.08 20:02

I have been using strategy tester for a long time with no problems. Just yesterday I had to do a system restore (windows 7) and now I get this message when I try to run strategy tester with a 5M time frame. " 2013.02.08 12:46:37 TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened ". I have never seen this message before. Can someone help? I have redownloaded all history data for EURUSD, did refresh etc. And still keep getting this message. Help!

An Interview with Jack Schwager - Characteristics of a Super Trader

An Interview with Jack Schwager - Characteristics of a Super Trader

Jack Schwager is a recognised expert on markets and trading who has authored a number of very well known trading books. Among them are 'Market Wizards' and 'New Market Wizards' where he interviewed many of the world's top traders discussing the secrets of their success and how they amassed millions of dollars. Among the many trading legends he's interviewed are: Richard Dennis, Paul Tudor Jones, Ed Seykota, Jim Rogers, Bill Lipschutz and William Eckhardt. These two books are avidly read by traders all over the world keen to discover what makes super traders tick. JP (Justin Pugsley from mahifx.com): Is trading something you're born with?

RaptorUK 2013.02.08 20:22 #

7325453863:

I have been using strategy tester for a long time with no problems. Just yesterday I had to do a system restore (windows 7) and now I get this message when I try to run strategy tester with a 5M time frame. " 2013.02.08 12:46:37 TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened ". I have never seen this message before. Can someone help? I have redownloaded all history data for EURUSD, did refresh etc. And still keep getting this message. Help!

Yep,  I can help. Find your MT4 folder, then navigate to the   tester/history  folder and delete the fxt file(s) that are in there . . . that should fix it.

7325453863 2013.02.09 00:14 #

RaptorUK:
Yep,  I can help. Find your MT4 folder, then navigate to the   tester/history  folder and delete the fxt file(s) that are in there . . . that should fix it.

Thank you very much. Your suggestion worked liked a charm. I keep learning secrets.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register