MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en

Error message from strategy tester

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
7325453863 2013.02.08 20:02

I have been using strategy tester for a long time with no problems. Just yesterday I had to do a system restore (windows 7) and now I get this message when I try to run strategy tester with a 5M time frame. " 2013.02.08 12:46:37 TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened ". I have never seen this message before. Can someone help? I have redownloaded all history data for EURUSD, did refresh etc. And still keep getting this message. Help!

Strings: Table of ASCII Symbols and Its Use

Strings: Table of ASCII Symbols and Its Use

In this article we will analyze the table of ASCII symbols and the ways it can be used. We will also deal with some new functions, the principle of operation of which is based on the peculiarities of the ASCII table, and then we will create a new library, which will include these functions. They are quite popular in other programming languages, but they are not included into the list of built-in functions. Besides, we will examine in details the basics of working with strings. So, I think you will certainly learn something new about this useful type of data.

RaptorUK 2013.02.08 20:22 #

7325453863:

I have been using strategy tester for a long time with no problems. Just yesterday I had to do a system restore (windows 7) and now I get this message when I try to run strategy tester with a 5M time frame. " 2013.02.08 12:46:37 TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened ". I have never seen this message before. Can someone help? I have redownloaded all history data for EURUSD, did refresh etc. And still keep getting this message. Help!

Yep,  I can help. Find your MT4 folder, then navigate to the   tester/history  folder and delete the fxt file(s) that are in there . . . that should fix it.

7325453863 2013.02.09 00:14 #

RaptorUK:
Yep,  I can help. Find your MT4 folder, then navigate to the   tester/history  folder and delete the fxt file(s) that are in there . . . that should fix it.

Thank you very much. Your suggestion worked liked a charm. I keep learning secrets.

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register