MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
Write an Article and Earn Money

Conveting Mq4 files to Ex4 Files

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
Using Recurrent Neural Networks To Forecasting of Forex
Abstract This paper reports empirical evidence that a neural networks model is applicable to the statistically reliable prediction of foreign exchange rates. Time series data and technical indicators such as moving average, are fed to neural nets to capture the underlying “rules” of the movement in currency exchange rates.
Viffer 2010.08.25 19:35 #

Click compile

V

ewerts 2010.08.25 20:28 #

Viffer:

Click compile

V

I am new at this so I need it explained a little bit more. I did hit compile and it came up with 0 errors but I don't know how to then convert it to and EX4 file.

phy 2010.08.25 20:44 #

You type text into an MQ4 source code file.

You offer that source code to the Compiler.

The compiler strips out everything it considers irrelevant, sometimes rearranges the logic a little,

it creates a file that can be executed by MT4 with the same name a the source file and puts the extension EX4 on it.

BarrowBoy 2010.08.25 20:46 #

ewerts:

I am new at this so I need it explained a little bit more. I did hit compile and it came up with 0 errors but I don't know how to then convert it to and EX4 file.

Is done - look in your MetaTrader\experts folder if it was an EA

Look in MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder if it was an indicator

-BB-

ewerts 2010.08.25 21:01 #

phy:

You type text into an MQ4 source code file.

You offer that source code to the Compiler.

The compiler strips out everything it considers irrelevant, sometimes rearranges the logic a little,

it creates a file that can be executed by MT4 with the same name a the source file and puts the extension EX4 on it.

where do you type (text) in Mq4 file?
ewerts 2010.08.25 22:45 #

BarrowBoy:

Is done - look in your MetaTrader\experts folder if it was an EA

Look in MetaTrader\experts\indicators folder if it was an indicator

-BB-

It did not convert it to an Ex4 file.
cloudbreaker 2010.08.25 22:50 #

Please tell us EXACTLY what you have done, step by step.

What you've typed in as the content of the .mq4 file.

What you've done subsequently.

Where you've looked for the .ex4 file.

CB

Viffer 2010.08.25 23:02 #

Go to your Meta Trader terminal and open Meta Editor (the yellow diamond with exclamation mark). When meta editor opens click file -- new. Select Expert advisor --- next --- give it a name and then finish. Some text will appear in meta editor. You have now created an MQ4 file. This page is where you type text. Before adding anything, press compile. You have now converted the mq4 to an ex4. Go back to terminal and you will see your new file in Navigator under experts. You can edit in the editor as much as you like now and by pressing compile, if there are no compile errors, you will update the ex4 file. So just copy paste your entire code into this fille overwtitting what is there and press compile. You can also search your PC to find the directory path that holds your new file. All EA's will need to make it into this folder for terminal to see them.

V

V

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register