MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
MetaTrader Market: we have 650 Expert Advisors for algorithmic trading!

moving average crosses

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
780804 2010.05.27 21:10

I'm a newbie to programming - when i say newbie I mean I don't know anything about it. I would like to know if there is a program avaible that can alert me via sms of the crossing of 2 moving averages.

Then also an indicator with sms alert of price (candle) closing above and below a moving average.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me feedback on this...thanks

Eugene

The Fall of the Carry Trade, or The Carry Trade Works Best When Market Volatility is Low

The Fall of the Carry Trade, or The Carry Trade Works Best When Market Volatility is Low

One of the most popular currency trading strategies in recent history, the carry trade has been successfully used by traders for years. With recent market conditions, this very popular strategy is beginning to look like a losing proposition. Traders find themselves wondering is this strategy ever going to be back en vogue or will it remain taboo for generations to come? The answer is murky at best and highly dependent on the global economy and the foreign exchange market.

ubzen 2010.05.27 22:18 #

I'm not aware of any program that do just that. However, here's a program I made about a week ago to help someone looking for something similar. Should work as Expert or Indicator. I just modified it to add the Price. Hope it helps. 

Attached files:
  ma_email_me_1.mq4  (0.64 KB)

780804 2010.06.08 14:18 #

ubzen:

I'm not aware of any program that do just that. However, here's a program I made about a week ago to help someone looking for something similar. Should work as Expert or Indicator. I just modified it to add the Price. Hope it helps.

Thank you ubzen...i realise that I only repling "a year later" but i do appreciate it. Will be testing the indication today.

780804 2010.06.08 14:18 #

ubzen:

Thank you ubzen...i realise that I only repling "a year later" but i do appreciate it. Will be testing the indication today.

780804 2010.06.08 15:00 #

780804:

Hi ubzen

I loaded the indicator on the platform and it's under "custom indicators" but when I double click to open it nothing happens. I'm I doing something wrong? If you could help that would be great.

joebaatan 2010.06.08 15:55 #

ubzen:

Hi Ubzen,

Could you please explain what I put in bold stand for ?

Thanks

int start(){
static datetime Close_Time;
//----------
double Simple_MA=iMA(NULL,0,MA_Period,MA_Shift,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
//----------
if (Close_Time != Time[1])

ubzen 2010.06.08 16:16 #

This would explain it better than I can. http://book.mql4.com/
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register