MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
MQL5 Documentation is the Developer's Bible

difference between .ex4 and .mq4

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
leyoye1 2009.01.12 16:10

Hi

Can anyone explain me the difference between .ex4 and .mq4, except the fact that the mq.4 is redable and not the ex.4.

When I create a new EA, it is registered as a .mq4 file, and doubled by a .ex4 file automatically created when the mq4 is compiled.

I personnally use a professionnal EA on my ALPARI live account. I have been sent this EA as an .ex4 file

Question :

if I want to use one of my personnal EA that works well in demo on my live account, which extension must I have ?

is the .ex4 automatically taken in consideration.

Any explaination is welcome.

Lionel

Do Volumes give any information about markets?
Do Volumes give any information about markets?
kolioo77 | 23 November 2014, 10:10 | Views: 81
Volumes really play important role in the market it moves market when  volume rises prices in upside or downside or ranges.Only traders must find out the lowest volume range in the market .The lowest  voulme range act as a true breakout range where long traders make an entries.
BarrowBoy 2009.01.12 16:17 #

leyoye1

The simple answer is that the MQ4 is a file read-able by you, an EX4 is a file read-able by the MetaTrader Terminal - it is a machine-readable version of the instructions you have written

To attach an EA to a chart, it must have been compiled to EX4, which you then attatch to a chart to start it

Always back-test & re-optimize on the live data first and start with the smallest possible lot size, see these posts on the differences between demo & live trading...

'Difference between Demo forward testing, and live forward testing'

'ScalpBot'

'super expert adisor'

'Execution time in live accounts'

Good Luck

-BB-

leyoye1 2009.01.13 01:12 #

Thanks BB

That's clear

Lionel

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register