MQL4 - automated forex trading   /  

Forum

Login | Register | Language: ru cn en
Dozens financial books in MetaTrader Market

Compile EA on the fly?? possible

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
TT_FX1 2008.12.31 12:22

Hi All

Is there a way to compile a EA on the fly. The reason is I want to embedded the Expiry date to the EA when someone make a purchase of a EA or indicator through a internet payment gateway

Thanks

Forex Trading ABC

Forex Trading ABC

Working on financial markets represents, first of all, trade operations. We all, starting from the very childhood, have an intuitive idea of what is to buy and to sell. But Forex trading is still something special. This article deals with the ideas necessary to explain some terms. We will also consider the MQL 4 functions that correspond with those terms.

EADeveloper 2008.12.31 18:42 #

TT_FX1 wrote >>

Hi All

Is there a way to compile a EA on the fly. The reason is I want to embedded the Expiry date to the EA when someone make a purchase of a EA or indicator through a internet payment gateway

Thanks

use metalang.exe in the root directory of your metatrader-installation.

if i remember u set the parameters for input and outputfile like

c:\....\metalang.exe "c:\test.mq4" "c:\test.ex4"

.. but i am not shure in moment. google will help you more.

welcome :-)

TT_FX1 2009.01.01 00:21 #

Hi EADeveloper

Thanks for your advice.

Let say below is the code I use to check the expiry date (eg. D'30.1.2009 01:00' ) of the EA and I would like to update this paramter from the purchased date plus 1 mth when it compiles, do you have any idea how to automate this process

TimeCurrent() > D'30.1.2009 01:00'

Thank You

Tom

EADeveloper 2009.01.01 23:11 #

TT_FX1 wrote >>

Hi EADeveloper

Thanks for your advice.

Let say below is the code I use to check the expiry date (eg. D'30.1.2009 01:00' ) of the EA and I would like to update this paramter from the purchased date plus 1 mth when it compiles, do you have any idea how to automate this process

TimeCurrent() > D'30.1.2009 01:00'

Thank You

Tom

yes, have some ideas :-)

Depending on the Tools you use for developing you have to find something similar ... i was making like this :

i make a EA, in the file i insert a string on the beginning like <%date%> (TimeCurrent() > D'<%date%>')

then i use some script to open the mq4 - file, replace the <%date%> with what ever you need like (f.e. 3943422423, the time in seconds).

then compile "on the fly" and finished

TT_FX1 2009.01.02 02:18 #

Hi EADeveloper

Thanks again for your advice

So far I only have a solution likes this, whenever it compiles, the EX4 file will have a modification time. So I built a small rountie in the EA by using the kernel32.dll to reterive this modification time with the subscription period ( let say 1 mth) added on, then I used this time to counter checking with the broker time. But I found your method is better.

When you mention you have used some script to open the MQL file to replace the <%date%>, then compile it on the fly. Would you mind sharing with me what kind of script you are using, isn't it a MQL4 script and how to implement it.

Thanks Much

Tom

EADeveloper 2009.01.05 16:20 #

TT_FX1 wrote >>

Hi EADeveloper

Thanks again for your advice

So far I only have a solution likes this, whenever it compiles, the EX4 file will have a modification time. So I built a small rountie in the EA by using the kernel32.dll to reterive this modification time with the subscription period ( let say 1 mth) added on, then I used this time to counter checking with the broker time. But I found your method is better.

When you mention you have used some script to open the MQL file to replace the <%date%>, then compile it on the fly. Would you mind sharing with me what kind of script you are using, isn't it a MQL4 script and how to implement it.

Thanks Much

Tom

Hi,

no,was not in MQl, i was using Borland Delphi for a small exe-File to solve this. but is also possible in a CGI Script or else.

If u write me exact what you need i try to create for you.

forex.trading@gmx.at

brgds

TT_FX1 2009.01.19 20:00 #

EADeveloper wrote >>

Hi,

no,was not in MQl, i was using Borland Delphi for a small exe-File to solve this. but is also possible in a CGI Script or else.

If u write me exact what you need i try to create for you.

forex.trading@gmx.at

brgds

Hi EADeveloper

I will send email to you to describe what I m looking for. Really appreciated your help

Best Regards

Tom

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register